This page allows you to check whether a word or phrase is a simple Palindrome.
Click on any of the links at the top of the page to reveal (or hide) more information about this calculator.
If you think that you can assist with this project in any way, then please visit the Support section and leave a message.
- Simple Palindrome
- A word, phrase or sentance that reads the same forwards as it does backwards, ignoring all non-alphabetic characters.
For example: "1. A Toyota" is a simple Palindrome, since the space, capital letters and full stop / period are all ignored.
- Strict Palindrome
- A word, phrase or sentance that reads exactly the same forwards as it does backwards, including all non-alphabetic characters.
For example: "A Toyota" is not a strict Palindrome, since the space character occurs only once.
- Enter each known phrase into the text-box.
- Hit the ENTER or RETURN key on your keyboard, or press the 'Check' button below the input field.
- A results area will appear at the bottom of the page, showing the result of the check.
- Click the spanner icon next to any entry to Edit, Remove or annotate that item.
- Press the 'Clear Results' button if you wish to discard the current results list, otherwise further checks will be added to the bottom of the current results list.
© Copyright Mike Brockington 2004 - 2015 All Rights Reserved